FictionZeal

The Beauty of the End
Debbie Howells

from FictionZeal.com re: Snowed In (Southern Comfort) by Sarah Title

Snowed In - Sarah Title

What do girls want after an extremely brutal breakup?  Ice cream!  Yes, Maureen O’Connell was dumped in the worse way by the guy she’d been seeing for over two years.  Dave laid it out all too plainly — “… I don’t think this is going to work out.  This thing with us.”  He followed this goodie with “Now, hush, the weather’s on.”  So, she’s in the ice cream aisle at the grocery store and breaks down crying.  Along comes ‘a god’ – brown hair; strong jaw; dark eyebrows emphasizing deep blue eyes.  Before she even knew his name (Gavin), they had tongue in each other’s mouths.

Nope!  Quite honestly, from the book cover (which is beautiful) and the blurb, I expected something more — even for a novella (70 pages).  What I felt was disappointed.  If giving up character development to get into making out less than five minutes after meeting is something you’re seeking, this may be for you.  However for me, it was a big turn off.  Some of the dialogue was original and humorous.  Also, I really liked one of the sub-characters, Pippa, who was Gavin’s rather eccentric neighbor.  There was some dependency upon coincidence as one of Gavin’s new employees turns out to be Dave.  Rating: 2.5 out of 5.